Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's Springtime...And What Are You Going to Do About It?


Ah yes, its springtime, the most wonderful time of the year! Maybe its...summer is the most wonderful time of the year? Ummm, isn't it Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year? One thing I do know is that spring is a time of renewal and that's what I want to talk about, reinvigorating the new YOU!

I've been wanting to purchase a new bicycle for the past several years and I never really committed to making the purchase. Let's fast forward to yesterday, I finally purchased a Novara from REI. Not exactly what you see here but pretty close to it.

I started thinking about how we woke up yesterday and went to a couple of bike shops and spent pretty much 7 hours researching, riding and ultimately purchasing a new bike. I've been wanting to renew the experiences I had as a young man riding and being free, exploring the city, discovering the undiscovered through my own eyes.


Also, I thought about those projects and concepts I have and how so many times I put them off for whatever reason, never really making a commitment to execution. Don't get me wrong, I execute on a daily basis but typically we "execute" for others and rarely for ourselves.

Not only did I make a great purchase but I ended up meeting a film director and we discussed working on a documentary I'm presently writing and anticipate on getting off the ground this summer. You never really know what's going to happen when you decide to take action and execute on something you've been wanting to do for quite some time.

If you're reading this post then you probably have some creative vision you'd like to get off the ground and are looking for the right person(s) to get things off the ground. First, I want to say thank you to everyone who takes the time out of their day to read current and archived posts, really its a brief look into the mind of a creative person who has been blessed through hard work and aspiration.

Lastly, I want to let everyone know that "spring is in the air" and get off your @ss and get those ideas going! Now that I have my "bicycletti" I can ride and not wish I was riding when I see people enjoying their down time. Much like any project, it takes that initial step and then you recognize that you should have down it a long time ago.

It's a beautiful day outside, go out there and make it happen... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment