Sunday, June 5, 2011

Airports lovely...Its that time of the year to see family and hopefully meet new friends.


Heading to Atlanta later this week for what I hope to be a very memorable and fun time meeting family members I really have never spent time with in my entire life, so this is kind of a big deal for me. I did meet with them a little over a year ago and the weather was amazing but looking at the forecast its a blistering 90+ degrees for the entire week so that's going to be like stepping into an oven for a "yankee" like myself.

Well, I think I might as well come out with it and let you know that I spending some 1-on-1 time with my father for the first time in my life. We just met each other last year via Oprah Winfrey Network. What an experience, only thing missing was my mother (RIP), just wish she could have had a chance to witness, I know she would have been proud of me for taking the emotional risk of finding my father and the entire family that goes with it.

Funny thing is that I ended up meeting a entire side of my family that I never knew. It turned out to be much larger than just meeting my birth father but about meeting people in my extended family. People that looked like me and said thing I say that I never knew other existed.

If you have any places in ATL I should visit make sure to check me out and tweet at http://twitter.com/StormnetMedia2k because I will be posting twitpics! Hopefully everyone is enjoying their spring jump into summer and I really wish that all your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment