Thursday, August 2, 2012

Is #SocialTV: The Future Of #Television?

Lately, there has been a lot of talk about Social TV and how its going to change the way we look at television. If you're like me, you're watching your favorite Olympic sport on your Italian leather sofa and was wondering how can I get more "social"?

The big question is, "why do the experts think Social TV is the future of television? Do you feel you need to be more social in how you watch your entertainment? Lots of questions being asked but very few answers in a digital world gone wild.

Transmedia will play a huge part in how content creators, producers and storytellers integrate their readers into a Social TV model. Experts and industry types are divided but let's hear what some have to say about Social TV and the future of television.



Remember Yahoo! (yes, that Yahoo!), they've defnitely had some up and downs over the years. Regardless of the publicity over the past several months, who knew they would reemerge with a powerful Social TV app called IntoNow that won Time Magazine's Number 1 App of 2011. IntoNow 3.0 for iOS was just released on iTunes and I promptly downloaded it on my phone.

I was surprised at how easy it was for me to "get social" and share content with others on Facebook and Twitter. In addition, I was able to join in a discussion about a show I was watching, all from my mobile device. I was skeptical at first but I'll definitely be using this app in the future to enrich my Social TV experience. 

Don't take my word for it, give it shot and download the app, let me know what you think?

Here's what Engadget had to say about IntoNow 3.0 for iOS.

"We gave the app a try and found it worked as advertised, quickly identifying what was playing whether live or on DVR and popping up episode info, cast listings and Wikipedia links. The CapIt feature pulls frames with surprising speed and ease, even on live broadcasts, and allows users to scroll backwards or refresh for new freezes to grab just the right one."     




There is no doubt that Social TV is here and will transform the way we interact with media. Creative content creation and dynamic social media integration is a trend that will continue into the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment