Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Many Worlds Of #ViralVideo And The Olympic #Velodrome

If you're like me, you love anything video. We are inundated with video everywhere we turn. We have media devices in all shapes and sizes that play video. For me, the Apple Nano was like The Walkman for my generation. It changed the way I perceived the world around me. I was able to see video anytime, any place, where ever I wanted.

I've always been fascinated with video and how you can tell any story you want using media. I like seeing the creativity of the producers, the prowess of the actors or the genius of the creators. Most people turn the channel when commercials come on, I like to see what commercials are running and the messages they're conveying.

Came across this video on the PBS Digital Studios Youtube channel called "The Worlds Of Viral Video". It's an in-depth look into viral video, why we love them and the art of storytelling.


This next video is what video is all about for me because it's creative, uses cutting-edge technology and the track was created by Chemical Brothers (has an almost Tron-like feel when I watch this).



This three-minute animation, created by London based design company Crystal CG, is screened before each cycling session at the Olympic velodrome. The animation accompanies the Chemical Brothers track "Velodrome" - the official theme for track cycling at the 2012 London Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment