Monday, July 29, 2013

Smartphones And The Takeover Of The #MobileWeb

Let's face it, your smartphone is only as smart as you are. Do you really use your phone to its potential? I'd like to think I do because I'm using it for all of my calendaring, gaming and various forms of communication.

Doesn't matter how you look at it. We're all "on the hook" for technology or maybe I should say, "bent over a wireless barrel"? Technology is moving at an alarming rate [that's a good thing] but how can we not feel like without it, you're on a sinking ship?

Surprisingly, the answer to this question may be in the types advertising you receive on your phone. Geo-located mobile advertising is on the cusp of being very relevant in our daily use and the less we feel like we're being intruded on by marketers, the more you'll feel that mobile ads and the mobile web is a non intrusive tool to enhance your lifestyle.

I tend to study and analyze all forms of advertising so this doesn't affect me like others but the more we understand how our phones can be useful in mobile environments, the less we'll feel like fish in a barrel.



That short video was produced in 2011, about 2 years ago, which in tech years is a little less than an operating system development cycle. How we use our smartphones and network connectivity provided by carriers can make all the difference in the customer experience. When you look at the big picture, it really comes down to your wireless provider and their network capability [LTE, 4G or maybe you're still on the 3G train].

As the mobile internet takes over, I still find solace in my laptop. As much as I love my iPhone and iPad [and about anything with an "i" in front of it]. I continue to feel at home and free on more traditional hardware.

Even though handheld mobile devices have taken over the planet as we know it, I still cherish the freedom of being on a laptop or desktop where applications [not apps] are king and my true creativity can rain supreme without mobile limitations.

The Takeover of the Mobile Web (Infographic)



No comments:

Post a Comment